The Senior Manager, Business Systems will provide technology vision and direction for the technical and functional applications business systems development. Provide leadership in business systems solutioning for developing and implementing functional requirements. Responsible for application design and build; including architecture, languages, best practices and methodologies in an Agile Scrum environment.
Works with the IT Shared Services, PMO, and Client Services teams in fulfilling requirements for business systems. Must have the ability to build cross functional teams that include business and vendor partners in order to deliver business systems.
Manage business systems development team insuring continued growth and development while implementing processes and applying best practice methods and tools. Develop plans to grow competencies and effectiveness in the team. Manage and improve team’s performance, monitors performance metrics and supports continuous improvement.
Organizes workload and insures appropriate resource planning to meet the priorities established by the governance teams which include the Executive Steering Committee and Change Advisory Board.
Is an advocate for change and customer focused improvements in business systems. Member and contributor to IT improvement as part of the leadership team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
List a series of brief statements in each box describing the job duties, and the percentage
Of time devoted to each (i.e. 20%, Prepares sales reports).
Understand the needs of the business and advises on the most effective strategy regarding IT business applications and resources. Recommend innovations, which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
Assess components of the applications requiring re-architecture by ensuring there is a clearly defined framework and development standards that guide all future development.
Manage the software delivery of Web Applications Development Team.
Leads the gathering of business needs and develops plans for the use, support, selection, development, or purchase of software systems that best meet the needs of the business for process automation, data analysis, and reporting.
Maintain development plans, project scope on-time delivery, and completion within budget. Controlling and monitoring project progress, costs, risks, remediation, change management processes, communicating status to appropriate stakeholders, and closing out projects.
Interact heavily with different levels within the organization, as well as establish and maintain external customers and vendor relationships.
Reviews technical literature, attends meetings and training opportunities, and keeps-up-to-date on emerging technologies related to information systems and their proper use.
Team and resource management, administrative functions, along with staff development, objectives, performance management through the use of performance metrics, and facilitates transformation through methodology and approach.
Please provide a list of the skills, relevant experience and education needed to perform the job at a competent level (minimum job requirements). Please try to think beyond your own personal experience and identify those that another person would need.
Degree in Business Administration, IT, or Computer Science. MBA or a MS in Information Systems preferred but not required. Business System (Applications) Development and Support, Project Management, Quality Management Implementation, and IT Methodologies experience required.
Experience Desired: 10-15 years practical experience in Reseller Sales channels, Supply Chain, eCommerce, Retail, and Financial Business Systems, or systems solutions industry is desired with progressive management responsibilities developed with a minimum of 5 years in a senior IT management role.
• Demonstrated Business Systems Product Development experience for use by both internal and external Customers.
• Software Application Product design, development, and quality assurance experience supporting corporate clients.
• Must have strong communications skills and analytical skills
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
• Must be detail oriented with good organization, verbal, and people skills, service oriented and a team player.
• Ten years of experience in Object Oriented software development methodologies and approach in a LAMP, .NET and other OO software development environments. Exposure to Progress Data Base Development environment is a plus.
• Manages own time effectively and responds to customer’s requests in a timely fashion, provides customers with agreed levels of service.
• Ambitious self-starter with the ability to manage a range of projects in parallel.
• Ability to estimate, plan and execute complex technical projects.
• Applies and contributes to the standards, procedures, and tools to accomplish work assigned. Insures production of all required technical documentation for all tasks; completed according to establish standards.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and multitasking environment. Ability to handle detail work assignments.
• Knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle Management using Agile methodology.
• IT Service Management and integration methodologies experience is a plus.